What if I get stuck?
Part of this programme is to encourage people to try and solve their IT problems through play. Part of web 2.0 is that everything is interactive and designed to be simple to use. The answer you’re looking for is probably there on the screen… before you ask someone for help follow this checklist:
- Look at the whole screen. Do you see a link or tab or something else that might hold the answer? Click on it. Doesn’t work? Have another look.
- Is there a help section? Try searching for the keywords of what you’re trying to do and see if the answer pops up.
- Google it. Same as with the help – try searching for the keywords of what you’re trying to do, plus the name of the programme (ie wordpress) via google and see if the answer pops up.
- Ask one of your fellow “25 things” colleagues – they might have been stuck too at one point and they may be able to help.
- if you’re still stuck add a comment to the post on this blog that’s got you stumped and your knight in shining armour will appear with the answer relatively quickly.